Read the following articles in the order they are listed.
In the article by Katherine Haney, Root Cause Analysis: A Pediatric Case Study, the process of how to conduct a root cause analysis is explained and the four main steps are outlined. These steps include:
- Identify what happened to the patient
- Determine what should have happened
- Determine the cause (review six groups identified in the article and chose one that you think is applicable)
- Develop causal statements-basically explain how contributing factors brought about the adverse outcome.
Using these four main steps apply them to the following article. Dissect the case applying the four steps for the process of a root cause analysis. Write each step in paragraph form. Each step is worth 5 points for at total of 20 points.
2. Language Barrier & Standard of Care Language barrier standard of care-2.pdf