workplace ethics 13
Case studies have been attached
Assignment 4: Workplace Ethics
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
This assignment will give you the opportunity to choose a case study, and then write about the ethical implications and the impact of the events that are described. Each case study includes a set of questions that you should answer. You can choose either Case Study 1.1: Made in America or Case Study 6.3: Sniffing Glue.
Write a paper in which you:
- Analyze the following questions associated with your chosen case study and discuss them using concepts you learned in this course.
- What ideals, effects, and consequences are at stake?
- Have any moral rights been violated?
- What would a Utilitarian recommend?
- What would a Kantian recommend?
- Explain your rationale for each of your answers to your chosen case study with supporting evidence.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the considerations for and process of ethical business decision making to balance corporate and social responsibilities and address moral, economic, and legal concerns.
- Analyze selected business situations using the predominant ethical theories, such as utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics to guide ethical business decision making.
- Determine the implications and impact of various civil liberty laws in the workplace, such as hiring, promotion, discipline, discharge, and wage discrimination.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about business ethics using proper writing mechanics.