weekly question 5
Write about 250 words on major points of the chapter readings and answers the all the 5 questions in 250 to 300 words.
Review Chapters 13, 14, and 18 in the course textbook.
Chapter 14, Shareholder Rights and Corporate Governance
Chapter 15, Consumer Protection
Chapter 18, The Community and the Corporation
Along with the chapter readings, pay particular attention to the following case in Chapter 13:
Whole Foods Adopts Egalitarian Compensation Policies â€“ But Fights Back on Board Elections
Prepare a 500-word posting identifying the major points from the chapter readings. Conclude the post by considering the following case questions:
- If you owned shares of stock in Whole Foods, would you support McRitchieâ€™s 3-and-3 proposal or the companyâ€™s 5-and-5 proposal? Why?
- How does Whole Foodâ€™s executive compensation practices compare with those of other firms, as described in this chapter? Do you think Whole Foodsâ€™ approach is better or worse than that of most other companies, and why?
- Some companies described in the case have voluntarily supported greater proxy access for shareholders. What do you think has motivated them to do so?
- Several business support groups mentioned in the case have opposed greater proxy access for shareholders. What do you think has motivated them to do so?
- Do you believe Whole Foodâ€™s opposition to expanded proxy access is consistent or inconsistent with other aspects of the companyâ€™s culture and policies?