weekly question 2
Write major points from the chapter and answer all the following question related to the case study.
Chapter 8, Business-Government Relations
Chapter 10, 11, Managing for Sustainability
Chapter 12, 13, Regulating and Managing Information Technology
Along with the chapter readings, pay particular attention to the following case in Chapter 7:
Should E-Cigarettes Be Regulated?
Prepare a 500-word posting identifying the major points from the chapter readings. Conclude the post by considering the following case questions:
- Should the U.S. and other national governments ban or more severely regulate the manufacture, sale and use of e-cigarettes, why or why not?
- Which stakeholders are most affected by the sale and regulation of e-cigarettes?
- Is the tobacco industry demonstrating a strategy of working in a collaborative partnership with the FDA by its voluntary warning labels on e-cigarettes?
- Using the elements of public policy, presented earlier in this chapter, identify the inputs, goals, tools, and effects of the FDAâ€™s effort to regulate e-cigarettes.
- What reasons, discussed earlier in this chapter, could the FDA or other national regulatory agencies use to justify greater regulatory control of e-cigarettes?