Now that you are at your new job, your employer is contemplating making a major change to the company and is trying to determine the potential impact this change could have, and whether or not it would be beneficial to the company’s overall success. Some examples of possible changes might be:
- Production of a new product or service
- Change in production process
- Change in organizational structure or departmental structure of the business
- Change in software or other technology used by the business
You have been asked by your employer to create a SWOT Analysis and hierarchical chart to determine the effects this change would have on the company, and to offer your recommendations for the best course of action to implement this change.
You can use the following SWOT Template to get started.
Please be sure to include the following:
- Explain the change the company is contemplating.
- Be sure to include at least three points in each section of the SWOT table.
- Create a hierarchical chart to show the framework of which positions would be involved in this change and who would report to whom.
- Based on your findings of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats, write your detailed recommendations for the best way to implement the change. Be sure to discuss how the company might use its strengths to bolster its weaknesses, and then discuss how the opportunities might help to offset the threats
this is seperate from the above question please use a seperate page
You have been hired to assume an important management position within the company. (You are using the same position and company that you created in the Module 01 Written Assignment.) Your immediate supervisor has told you it is crucial that, as quickly as possible, you learn about this position and its significance to the business. You decide to take that advice and do some research. Be sure to discuss the points below:
- Tell us the title of your position and why you chose this position as your career. If you need help with this, please go to bls.gov and use the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) to research possible careers and positions within your field of study.
- What is your role within the company? Which one of the four functions of management is performed most in your role and why (Leading, Planning, Controlling, Organizing)?
- Discuss the types of planning that you perform on a frequent basis and why (Strategic, Tactical, Operational, Contingency).
- Which of the six management skills do you use most often in your position? Explain how you use these skills.