restricted response su8mmary describe each strength and limitation
The authors of your textbook discuss the strengths and limitations of short-answer items. Describe each strength and limitation. Confine your answer to one page.
Notes from the book:
- The highest-level learning outcomes (analyzing, evaluating, creating) can be measured.
- Preparation time is less than that for selection-type items.
- The integration and application of ideas is emphasized.
- There is an inadequate sampling of achievement due to time needed for answering each question.
- It is difficult to relate to intended learning outcomes because of freedom to select, organize, and express ideas.
- Scores are raised by writing skill and bluffing and lowered by poor handwriting, misspelling, and grammatical errors.
- Scoring is time consuming and subjective, and it tends to be unreliable
Book: Waugh, C. K & Gronlund, N. E. (2013). Assessment of student achievement (10th ed).