re socw6520 assignment 2 process recordings wk6
A process recording is a written tool used by field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to this week.
Note: You are submitting a written transcript, not an audio or video recording.
The Assignment (2â€“4 pages):
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice theories, and explain how it might relate to diversity or cultural competence covered this week.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your proc
Birkenmaier, J., & Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The practicum companion for social work: Integrating class and fieldwork (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
- Chapter 9, â€œSocial Work Practice and the Legal Systemâ€ (pp. 207-224)
Laureate Education. (Producer). (2013e). Legal considerations [Audio file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu