philosophy final exam essay
ESSAY CHAPTER 10: JUDGING SCIENTIFIC THEORIES
BE DETAILED!! 20 POINTS POSSIBLE-DUE 6/3 @ 11:30 P.M. NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS ACCEPTED
- Read one of the following Essays from your Vaughn text: Appendix A; Essays for Evaluation: Essay #2; Essay #9; or Essay #20,
OR, Choose a similar Essay from an outside source dealing with a controversial scientific theory that focuses on judging scientific theories: ie; Artificial Intelligence will deplete brain cells, and submit the following:
- Write a short introductory paragraph introducing the topic of your essay
- Outline the argument of your chosen essay, specifying the premises and conclusions
- Symbolize AND create a TRUTH TABLE for EACH OF THE MAIN POINTS of the arguments it contains.
II. ESSAY CHAPTER 11: CRITICAL THINKING IN MORALITY AND THE LAW 20 POINTS POSSIBLE
Read one of the following Essays from Appendix A, Essays for Evaluation: Essay #1, Essay #5; or Essay #19
- Write a one page moral argument for your chosen topic either supporting or refuting the main topic.
- Underline and label your Premises and your Conclusions within the argument. The argument MUST contain 3 or more premises and conclusions
3. State what sources you have used to accurately gauge the truth of your moral premises.
*****THE TEXT MUST BE ONE OF YOUR SOURCES
4. Briefly discuss the following in relation to your essay;
- a) Subjective Relativism,
- b) Cultural Relativism
- c) Ethical Egoism
DUE DATE: NO LATER THAN 6/3 @ 11:30 P.M. NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
40 POINTS POSSIBLE