original poem amp reflection of poetry
This is a two part assignment, please use separate word documents;
Reflect on an incident that has in some manner changed the way you see or feel.
Write a poem of 100 to 175 words that reflects how the incident that you chose changed or affected you.
Write a shorter poem of 45 words or less that captures the essence of the same incident.
- Submit both selections in one MicrosoftÂ® Word document.
- Grammar and punctuation variations are acceptable if they serve the needs of the piece.
- Be sure to double space each of the poems.
Imagine for this assignment that you are a literary critic and will be published in a leading literary magazine.
Choose one of the poems from this week’s readings.
Write a 350- to 700-word essay that reflects on what you liked about the poem or what drew you to it.
Consider the following areas in your response:
- Identify common elements, structures, forms, and terminology of the poem.
- Describe the use of imagery, symbolism, and figurative language in the writer used.
- Consider also the central idea and the emotional impact.
I have attached the poems from this weeks readings. The name of the book to reference the poems is listed below;
The Practice of Creative Writing. A guide for Students. 3rd Edition by Helen Sellers Chapters 2 and 3