organization 8475333 2
Choose an organization with which you are familiar.
Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper that describes the culture and common characteristics of the organization you have chosen, given your current understanding of the common characteristics of organizations presented in your readings from Week One and Two.
Cite at least two peer-reviewed references in addition to the text and be sure to address the following questions in your paper:
- How does your selected organization exhibit the common characteristics listed below?
- System (e.g., individual units, open, closed)
- Rules/norms(e.g., written, unwritten, formal, informal)
- Hierarchy (e.g., chain of command, supervisor, administrator, manager)
- Communication networks (e.g., formal, informal)
- Organizational orientation (e.g., achievement, dogmatism, authoritarianism)
- Leadership approaches (e.g., social, task, balanced)
- Management communication/decision-making (e.g., tell, sell, consult, join)
- Which common characteristics (choose at least four) from those listed above are most influenced by communication within the organization?