Nursing Evidence based paper_sr
For this assignment develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria: 2-3 pages
1. Select a relevant clinical practice based problem/topic.
2. Describe the current clinical practice based problem/topic and include
Population of interest
3. Search the literature for four (4) evidence-based interventions on the problem/topic of interest. The literature can be individual studies or systematic reviews. A systematic review counts as one (1) intervention. If using a systematic review report on the review not on the studies identified in the review. The studies must bewithin the discipline of nursing (not medicine).All of the studies MUST be intervention studies. Review what constitutes an intervention study.
4. Write the PICOT question in sentence form using the following format. The question must reflect an issue or intervention within the discipline of nursing (not medicine). This means the question must be about something nurses have authority over not something that is prescribed and/or carried out by physicians or another discipline. Interdisciplinary interventions are encouraged. An example of a PICOT Question and PICOT template can be found on Appendix A or the accompanying Melynk & Fineout-Overholt (2014) 3rd edition text online.
P = Population who does this problem primarily effect (i.e. Nurses patients families etc.)?
I = Intervention or issue interest what is the proposed intervention identified in the literature as best practice?
C = Comparison intervention or comparison group what is the current practice? Compare the best practice intervention identified in the literature with the current practice.
O= Outcome how would you determine if the change/implementation has been effective?
T = Time how long would the new change/intervention need to be in effect before you anticipate evaluating the outcome?
5. 2-3 pages
6. Include level 1 and level 2 headings an introductory paragraph purpose statement and a conclusion.
7. Write the paper in third person not first person (meaning do not use we or I).
8. Four (4) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support the paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
9. APA 6th edition format is required (attention to spelling/grammar a title page a reference page and in-text citations)