need help my american government homework
Assignment: 3-5 pages, double spaced, 1” margins, must be typed
In this paper it is expected that each student will take a topic or issue that we discussed in class and incorporate it in a well-designed and coherent paper that answers one of the ten questions.
E.g.: I strongly feel that politics play(ed) a crucial role in the development of democratic societies. As pointed out in class, political theory suggests….
While there is no correct or exact answer to the question, each student should organize his/her OWN thoughts in a logical manner. There is no need to do extensive research as this is an opinion paper.
An A paper will be organized and written on college level. It will coherently incorporate a pertinent topic or issue. It will also contain three (3) or less typing errors.
It is expected that each student will submit the paper no later than July 25, 2014 at 5:00 P.M.
No exceptions. No late papers will be accepted.
Answer One of the Following Ten Questions:
1) All Men are Created Equal. What kinds of equality are and should be protected by the Constitution? By what means?
2) Government Distrust. In light of the uncertain political climate, do you think that American people have a distrust of government and/or politicians? Why or why not?
3) Federalism. Does the Constitution provide an effective and realistic balance between state & national governments? How so?
4) Checks & Balances. Does the constitutional separation of powers between the President & Congress lead too often to gridlock and stalemate?
5) Minority Rights. Does the Constitution adequately protect the rights of women, African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, people who lead an alternative lifestyle or other minority groups? Why or why not?
6) Suspect Rights. Can representative government uphold the rights of the criminally accused and yet protect its citizens?
7) Individual Liberties. Are individual liberties adequately protected in the Constitution? Does big government & big business diminish the freedom of the individual?
8) Judicial Branch. Is it too powerful? Are federal courts exceeding their proper powers as the interpreter of the Constitution?
9) War and Peace. Do you think that the US is the supreme Superpower in the world? If so, what are its responsibilities to the rest of the world? If not, who do you think is the supreme Superpower? Why?
10) Constitutional Responsibility. Are Americans participating adequately in our democratic system? Do citizens have the social capital and understanding of our governmental processes to be heard and to make decisions?