literary analysis in some stories characters come into conflict with the culture in which they live
- The writing prompt you chose to explore in your Proposal for Final Paper assignment in Week 1. You can copy and paste the writing prompt directly from your Week 1 assignment. Providing your writing prompt will help your instructor see if you focused well on the prompt.
- A working thesis. This working thesis should be a revised version (based on the feedback you have received) of the working thesis you submitted for the Week 1 assignment. Again, the thesis should offer a debatable claim in response to one of the prompts on the list and should be developed and supported by your research.
- An introduction.
- At least three body paragraphs. Be sure to include some paraphrases and quotations of the references from your Week 2 assignment. Do not summarize the plot. For support on writing your body paragraphs, read the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Body Paragraphs (Links to an external site.) web page.
- A conclusion.
- An annotated bibliography.
In your paper,
- Analyze the literary work from the approved list of prompts chosen in Week 1 that pertained to your selected topic.
- Apply your knowledge of literary elements and other concepts.
- Prompt: â€œIn some stories, characters come into conflict with the culture in which they live.â€
- Story:Sherman Alexieâ€™s What You Pawn, I Will Redeem
- See the attached documents for prompt and annotatesd biliography.