leading diverse teams u s diversity law and organizational compliance
In the United States, companies of all sizes, especially those with more than 15 employees, must adhere to nondiscrimination practices. Even if the company is so small that some of Title VII doesnâ€™t apply, it is incumbent upon the leader to be familiar with federal anti-discrimination laws, including those relevant to gender, race and ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, and disabilities.
Choose one of these discrimination cases to research and evaluate:
- Calibuso et al. v. Bank of America Corp. et al (Links to an external site.). (2013)
- EEOC v. Alliant Techsystems (Links to an external site.) (1998)
In a well-written paper, address the following topics/questions about the case you chose:
- Describe the nature of the case, including the parties involved, and provide a summary of the facts in the case.
- Identify which anti-discrimination laws were violated in the case, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, EPA, IRCA, ADA, or GINA.
- Evaluate the seriousness and scope of the discrimination.
What could have been done to prevent the discriminatory practices in the first place? Provide specific action steps you would recommend.
- Explain the relevant laws in light of their historical context and why they were enacted. How do these laws protect the offended workers in this case?
- Your paper should include an introduction and a conclusion, and should be 3-4 pages long, not including the required title and references pages.
- Incorporate two scholarly references that are not required readings for this module.