(interpretations religion)Address the following: What kinds of problems is a scholar of religion faced with in the academic study of mysticism?
The quality of your response will depend on how much familiarity you show with
Chapters 7-11 of the course text, as well as the relevant discussions from the lectures.
Method of Evaluation
The assignment is out of 30, and is worth 30% of the total course mark. For a good grade,
you have to (1) follow the format guidelines to a tee and (2) demonstrate, through your
analysis, that you have given considerable thought to the questions in formulating your
Due Date and Penalties
Papers are due at the beginning of class on March 17th, 2014. Emailed versions of the
assignment are not acceptable. Essays not handed in on the due date will receive a
mark of zero. Papers submitted late due to a medical or other compassionate reason must
be accompanied by relevant documentation.
1. Your paper should be 5 full pages in length. It should be double spaced, and
written in Times New Roman font (size 12). It must use the normal page layout
which comes standard on all Word programs, and page numbers must be on the
bottom right corner of the page.
2. Diction is to be formal, and each piece is to be written in Canadian English.
Grammar, syntax, spelling, and style must be impeccable.
3. At the top right of the first page of your paper, include the course code, your full
name and student number, and the assignment’s due date.
4. All paragraphs are to be indented and justified.
5. There are to be no title pages, footnotes, endnotes, or bibliographies. If you want
to directly cite a small excerpt from the book in your paper, provide the passage in
quotation marks, and then, in brackets directly following the quoted passage,
include the page number, preceded by a “p.” For example, (p. 29)