Individual Paper I: Strategic Change
Week 4 Assignment Individual Paper I: Strategic Change
*DUE: Wednesday 12/24/14 by 9:00pm New York Time.
8 Page APA Format (5 References of 6 Provided In Upload)
Strategic change is a process that involves analyzing an organizationâ€™s vision, mission, goals, and strategic plans. Organizational leaders can perform this analysis using several methods, such as a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis and an Appreciative Inquiry analysis. Although these two analysis methods have a different approach, they both involve examining an organizationâ€™s internal and external environments. By analyzing an organizationâ€™s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges, leaders are more equipped to identify and address issues and help the organization in achieving its goals. In this Assignment, you select an organization in need of strategic change and then conduct a SWOT analysis and an Appreciative Inquiry analysis for the organization.
Write a 8-page paper (not including title page and reference page) that addresses the following:
- Describe an existing non-profit or public organization of interest to you.
- Explain why the organization is in need of strategic change.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for the organization. Explain the results of the analysis and how the results might influence the strategic planning process.
- Conduct an Appreciative Inquiry 4-D Cycle analysis for the organization. Explain the results of the analysis and how the results might influence the strategic planning process.
- Compare organizational outcomes when using SWOT to organizational outcomes when using Appreciative Inquiry.
Use proper APA formatting and include the following:
- A title page and running head
- An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
- Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
- A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
- A minimum of six scholarly sources to support your paper
- In-text citations as appropriate
- A reference list
This Assignment is due by Wednesday 12/24/14 by 9:00pm New York Time.
1. Dewhurst, S., & FitzPatrick, L. (2005). Turning stakeholders into advocates. Strategic Communication Management, 9(6), 6â€“7.
2. Gousseau, K. (2008, July 22). Seniors key concern in strategic planning: Stakeholder meeting in city Thursday. Alaska Highway News, A.1.
3. Laureate Education (Producer). (2008c). Buy-in and commitment [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
4. Parent, M. M., & Deephouse, D. L. (2007). A case study of stakeholder identification and prioritization by managers. Journal of Business Ethics, 75(1), 1â€“23.
5. Sakellariadi, A. (2013). Strategic participatory planning in archaeological management in Greece: The Philippi management plan for nomination to Unescoâ€™s world heritage list. Conservation and Management of Archaeological Sites, 15(1), 13â€“29.