i need help with my paper 59
English Composition II â€“ Week 1 Assignment 1
Research papers rely on sources to validate the writerâ€™s argument (viewpoint). It is important to find credible sources and to identify them correctly when writing a research paper. In this assignment, we will build upon what you learned in your assigned readings. There are three parts to this assignment. Please be sure you respond to each part thoroughly.
Visit the OWL site, Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing, to answer the following questions:
- What are the differences between quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing?
- Are researchers required to provide in-text citations and a References page entry for all three? Why or why not?
- What are three ways to avoid plagiarism?
After reading Parts 1 and 2 in the Writing Guide, explain what it means to make choices in writing. To provide a framework for your response, imagine you are trying to convince someone to vote for a new school initiative and answer the following questions.
- If you know that the other person sees the issue differently than you do, what strategy would you take to draw him/her to your way of thinking?
- What choices would you be faced with?
- Click here to download a copy of the EBSCOhost practice assignment.
- Save the document by renaming it with this naming convention: “EN102_yourlastname_yourfirstname_yourGID”
- As you complete the assignment, write your answers on the template (it is a Word document).
- Attach this document when you are submitting your responses to this assignment.
- This assignment does not require APA citations; however, you should identify any words or ideas you draw from your readings.
- Assignment should be formatted in basic APA format: 1-inch margins, page numbers at the top right of the page, 12 point Times New Roman Font.
- Submitting the assignment: Answer the questions in each section and attach your answers to the drop box in a single file.