human growth and development 7851635 2
The onset of puberty marks a significant change in a person’s life biologically, psychologically, and socially. There are some myths regarding puberty that may skew its realities. Describe some of the myths and realities of puberty.
- Explain the psychological and social issues a person may face during the transition to puberty.
- Define adolescence from the psychological, and social or emotional perspectives.
- Explain some of the emotional changes that may occur at the onset of adolescence and as the individual mature through adolescence.
The transition into adulthood may differ depending on cultural traditions and rites of passage from adolescence to adulthood. The transition into adulthood is also a time for relationships and romance from a normative perspective.
- Describe at least two unique rites of passage to adulthood on the basis of ethnic or cultural variations.
- Explain the concepts of pluralism and assimilation and describe how they affect the rites of passage of individuals.
- Describe different attachment styles.
- Explain the attachment style you feel would be most effective in forming lasting relationships.
- Describe the different types of attraction.
- Explain the type of attraction you feel would be most effective in establishing lasting relationships.