how to hire new managers what plan would be used
Organizations need to have a pool of managerial talent to take on jobs from senior managers and new management jobs that may be created. One way is to hire from outside, another way is to “grow your own” from within.
Your organization has said they would like to “grow their own managers.” This could be from identifying existing non management staff and training them up to be managers. Equally it could be from hiring new staff into a manager training program and investing in training them to become managers in a few years.
Prepare a 600 to 900 word plan for developing new managers for your organization. Include the following in your recommendation to senior management:
- Competencies: What competencies do managers need in your organization?
- Recruiting: Where should the company start in terms of their recruitment of candidates? existing staff? new college grads? both?
- Selection: From your recruiting pool, how would you select the best candidates for your manager training program? How would you ensure that the selection process is fair and objective? (That it does not discriminate.)
- Development: Once the manager candidates are hired, what different experiences and formal training should they have so that at the end of say 2 years they are ready for a manager job? e.g. required job rotations, formal training courses, mentoring.
- Monitoring: how should the organization monitor their growth and development to be sure they are ready for a manager job in say 2 years? How would you ensure this process is fair and objective? (That it does not discriminate.)
- Summarize how this development plan will produce a group of managers that is ready to take the organization into the future.
Cite any sources according to APA formatting guidelines.