help with rewrite and proofreading african american studies race racism and law
Write a topic, rewrite and proofread the introduction, and the conclusion of the paper based on the information that I have provided in the paper. (read the prompt very carefully and write a thesis statement that address the prompt question and the info that I have given) Please read the whole paper and only edit the parts that have errors or grammar mistakes (no need for rewriting the other paragraphs except the parts that have grammar error or you think itâ€™s better to be changed, also the first setence of each paragraphs are important pay special attention to them, it’s the topic sentence) Please provide citation and work cited from the info that I have written.
- Imagine that you are a successful lawyer in Los Angeles and that you do pro bono cases regularly as part of your practice. Imagine also that you have heard from your former teacher at UCLA who taught your class in â€œRace, Racism, and the Lawâ€ when you studied there. You and he have remained in close contact since your graduation. He has told you of the following 4 (actually true) stories from students and staff members.
These are the 4 stories:
- An African American student reports that she answered an advertisement for an apartment in West Los Angeles, not far from campus. When she arrived to see the premises and meet the landlord, she was told that the apartment was unavailable because it had been rented only two hours previously. To her surprise and dismay, she noticed several days later that the advertisement was still posted. When she phoned again, she was instructed to visit the premises. However, before she went, she learned that one of her classmates, a young white woman, had just rented the apartment.
- An African American graduate student was stopped by the police on Venice Blvd. and informed that he was under investigation for a serious felony because he met the description of the suspect. After he was handcuffed, he complained that the cuffs were too tight and were hurting him. The police officer proceeded to tighten the handcuffs further, before releasing him about an hour later without any apology.
- An African American woman staff member at UCLA was shopping at a large Westwood Department Store and noticed that the clerk was ignoring her, while several white patrons were being served. After several minutes, she politely asked why she was not being helped. She was ignored. After her second inquiry, the female clerk turned to her and replied, â€œyou black bitch.â€
- 4. A tall, attractive African American female undergraduate from UCLA was stopped by the police in a Los Angeles suburb and instructed to exit her late model automobile and walk backwards towards the police car. When she got there, the male officer grabbed and handcuffed her and told her that â€œhookers were not welcomeâ€ in town. After several minutes, following an extensive computer background check, she was released without apology.
THE OBJECTIVE IS TO ANALYZE THE PROBLEM CAREFULLY, SYNTHESIZE MATERIALS EFFECTIVELY, AND EXPRESS YOUR VIEWS AND CONCLUSIONS COHERENTLY. ESSAYS SHOULD ADHERE TO HIGH STANDARDS OF ORGANIZATION, GRAMMAR, AND PUNCTUATION. BE SURE TO PROOFREAD THE PAPERS CAREFULLY. BE CAREFUL WITH PLAGIARISM.