Hazardous Materials Week Three Assignment
Respiratory protection devices are available in two basic design types: Air-Purifying Respirators (APR) and Supplied-Air Respirators (SAR). As a trained hazardous materials specialist, your employer asks you to evaluate each of the following four possible workplace conditions:
- Fiberglass components are being sanded smooth prior to painting by assembly line workers.
- A leak in a nitrogen supply line within a service closet requires repair but the supply of nitrogen cannot be interrupted.
- Hydrochloric acid vapor is escaping from a cylinder stored in an outdoor area. Oxygen levels are measured and found to be above 19.5%.
- A full 55-gallon drum of an organic solvent commonly used in the production process is releasing vapor.
For each of the above four conditions:
- Select the preferred type of respiratory protection device.
- Identify which standardized OSHA filter color the device should be fitted with (if not applicable, so state).
- Explain your rationale for choosing the device type.
Writing the Paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must include a title page with the following
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.