gospel of john and the synoptic gospels
1. What are some of the major differences between the Gospel of John and the Synoptic Gospels? Briefly describe a few events and teachings in Jesusâ€™ life that are not found in the Gospel of John.
2. How does Johnâ€™s use of the Greek term logos connect Jesus with the creation account of Genesis 1 as well as the Greek principle of cosmic Reason?
3. Why did the writer of the Gospel of John compile a â€œBook of Signsâ€? briefly describe one of those signs and its meaning.
4. Identify the leaders of the Jerusalem church and the missionaries who first helped carry â€œthe new wayâ€ into the larger world beyond the Jewish capital.
5. In recording the events of Pentecost how does Luke emphasize role of the Holy Spirit and that Christianity is a religion for all peoples? According to the author of Luke, what ancient Hebrew prophecy is fulfilled by the Spiritâ€™s coming upon the first disciples?
6. Summarize the results of Paulâ€™s three missionary journeys into Gentile territories. What series of events led to Paulâ€™s arrest in Caesarea and Rome?
7. Briefly describe Paulâ€™s transformation from a zealous Pharisee to Christianityâ€™s first great missionary. How does the account of his conversion in Acts ch. 9 differ from his own accounts in Gal. 1:15 and I Cor. 9:1 and 15:8-9?
8. How many authentic letters of Paul are there? How many disputed and/or pseudonymous letters of Paulâ€™s exist and what generally distinguishes the authentic letters from the disputed/pseudonymous letters.
-Word count must be at least 1,250 words for total assignment.
-Must be in APA style including in-text citation (author’s last name, year) and references.
-Must include at least 3 scholarly sources 1 being the textbook.
-Textbook: Harris, S. L. (2014). The New Testament: A Student’s Introduction (8th ed.). Dubuque: McGraw-Hill Education.