Framing a Firm’s Strategy
In this discussion, you will further your knowledge of strategic development by:
- Researching data sources in order to frame the firm’s strategy.
- Thinking and communicating strategically.
- Applying critical reading skills to promote dialog.
Describe the strategy of the firm you selected for your project, using the strategy model in Figure 1.4: Describing Dyson’s strategy, on page 20 ofFoundations in Strategy, as a guide to frame the strategy description from the following two perspectives:
- First, the static perspective:
- Where is the firm competing? What is the product? What are the firm’s vertical and geographical scopes?
- How is the firm competing? What is the basis for the firm’s competitive advantage?
- Second, the dynamic perspectiveâ€”the firm’s preparation for the future:
- What does the firm want to become?
- What does it want to achieve?
- How will it get there?