for this week s journal you are drafting an informative essay be sure to view the lecture video as well as the lecture notes before proceeding as mentioned in the lecture the following are the three categories of informative writing using process o
For this week’s journal, you are drafting an informative essay. Be sure to view the lecture video, as well as the lecture notes, before proceeding.
As mentioned in the lecture, the following are the three categories of Informative Writing:
- Using Process or â€œHow toâ€
- Using Cause and Effect or â€œWhyâ€
- Using Comparison or Contrast
Week 10 Journal Assignment. Choose ONE of the following and draft an informative paper. You can use two outside sources in your paper, but you need to include your own observation, examples, and analysis–all in support of your thesis.
- How to party with style
- How to meet men or women at college
- How to deal with a sexist (or racist or homophobic) boss
- Explain a process that you know well, but which most other people donâ€™t understand
- Handling being an older adult student in college.
- How to make yourself like your job (or friends), etc.
- Why people get body piercings, tattoos, etc.?
- Why divorce is more socially acceptable today?
- Why fundamentalist religions appeal to so many people today?
- Ways to mow oneâ€™s lawn
- Methods to handle insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Get rid of the bad habit
- Things people use to plan an excellent party
- Stages of losing weight in a healthy way
- Trips & tricks on how to gain extra weight
- Tricks smart students use to find a nice roommate
- Pitching a tent in the rainy forest
- Camping without facing problems with dangerous insects
- Ways to stay sober on Saturday Night
- Applying various complicated math formulas to solve some assignments
- Methods professionals used to get their dream jobs
- Getting the most attractive rental deal
- Steps to make studentâ€™s speech persuasive
- Steps to writing a paper on informative essay topics
- Violence on a college campus and ways to deal with it
- Reasons that lead to high rate of homelessness
- Cause of high unemployment rates in the countries of the Third World
- Overcrowded jails and their inhabitants
- The real cost of college textbooks
- Teen pregnancy: factors that cause this phenomenon
- Illegal immigration & its consequences
- What are some ways to overcome stressful situations?
- How can a government help people living in poverty?
- What leads to caffeine addiction?
- Things that cause phobias in little kids
- Factors of racism in the United States
You can research two sources for your draft; just be sure to keep track of your sources so you can reference them both within the paper, as well as at the end.
2 hours ago
- Does the intro catch reader’s attention? Does it reinforce the importance of the information in the paper?
- Tone of the writer: Is it neutral? If not, make suggestions (You should be able to decipher the tone by looking at the thesis right away).
- Is the information within the body paragraphs well organized, interspersed with situational analysis, anecdotal details? Suggest improvements
- Does the conclusion make full circle, re-iterating some of the points brought up in the introduction, etc.?