Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â€“600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In your initial post, identify and recommend at least 1 credible Web site that an investor can visit to find the current and past financial statements of publicly traded companies. There are 4 primary financial statements that are used in financial statement analysis. They are the balance sheet (or statement of financial position), the income statement (or the statement of operations), the statement of changes in shareholders’ equity, and the statement of cash flows.
For this activity, each student should choose at least 1 of these statements and discuss the following:
- What is the purpose of this financial statement?
- What are the primary components of this financial statement, and what do they represent?
- Who are the primary users of this statement and how is it generally used?
- What GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) are employed in its construction?
- How does this financial statement relate to the other financial statements?
Be sure to document your statements with credible sources, in-text citations, and references using proper APA format.