email news release
Please use as much of the following information as you need to write a short news release announcing news from the Palmquist University School of Law. You may have to do a little extra research. Watch for inappropriate information and bad grammar in the information below.
You can make up any information that you need as long as it doesn’t contradict any information below. Please make yourself the contact person. Your title at the Palmquist University is media relations specialist. Be sure to make up contact information for yourself. Your audience is news media throughout Wisconsin.
Who: Michael J. Henry. He’s a law professor at the School of Law, Palmquist University. He’s widely known as the best professor on the law faculty.
- He joined the faculty in 1992. He served as university general counsel from 1994 to 1999. He served as dean of the School of Law from 2002 to 2006.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in English from Indiana University and his law degree from the University of Michigan.
What: Henry has just been named chair of a prestigious committee — the Accreditation Committee of the American Bar Association. The ABA announced this today.
- His term lasts one year. He will preside over committee meetings during ABA’s annual meeting in New York. The meeting will be in July.
- The committee oversees accreditation of U.S.-based law schools that request ABA accreditation. It is ABA’s most-important committee.
- The committee consists of 19 other members. Those members are legal educators.
Why: Henry has been on the committee for the past six years. Last year, he was vice-chair. He did an outstanding job.
- More than 40 states, including Wisconsin, require graduation from an accredited law school as a condition for practicing law in the state.
Where: The Palmquist University and its School of Law are in Hosea, Wis.
When: Effective today.
More: Palmquist University was rated one of â€œThe Top Five Most Friendly Campuses in the USAâ€ by â€œCollege USA,â€ a study conducted by Yale University last spring.
- “I’m deeply honored and will serve to the best of my ability.” – Henry.
- â€œNo rationale individual could possibly deny that Professor Henry indubitably has earned this meritorious distinction among other human beings. The ABA clearly has chosen the best person for the job.” – Edward Mieler, dean of the School of Law