discussion questions 509
- Compose a thoughtful answer to one of the questions. (I recommend you do this in a word processing program and then cut and paste your answer into the discussion forum).
- Begin with a clear thesis statement (argument) that directly answers the question.
- Next, develop TWO concrete examples drawn from TWO different assigned course materials.
- Please cite each of your sources using a simple parenthetical citation form, including author’s last name, abbreviated title, and page. E.g.: (Foner, GML, 486).
- Answers must be at least 200 words in length. Please use full sentences.
- In his Gettysburg Address, Abraham Lincoln argued that the Civil War would lead to a “new birth of freedom” for the United States. Looking back from the end of the Reconstruction in 1876, was he right? Do you think he would have been satisfied with the results of Reconstruction? Why or why not?
Resource is attatched.