The Amazon rain forest is an important global resource that is being exploited primarily for local benefit. Given the common interest in preserving this valuable resource, including its biodiversity, what can we do as individuals to relieve some of the pressures on the forest? More importantly, should we have the right to intervene in the degradation of the rain forest? How does this conflict over a resource provide insight into the idea of being â€˜global citizensâ€™ with a â€˜global responsibilityâ€™? (150 words)
Question two: Great Dictator film – Charlie Chaplin (350 words)
- What seems to be accurate in the film? What sources are you using to assess accuracy?
- In what ways does the film impact your reading of any of the documents you have read.
- What liberties does the film take with the past? Why?
- Is the film primarily entertainment, or is it really trying to work within a historical period? How can you determine the film maker’s intention?
- What, if any, modern point is the film trying make?