did she or didn t she the case of debra milke
Debra Jean Milke (born March 10, 1964) is a German American woman who spent over 25 years in prison in the state of Arizona. She was one of three people sentenced to death for the December 2, 1989 shooting death of her four-year-old son, Christopher Conan Milke. Her alleged conspirators were her roommate James Lynn Styers and his friend Roger Mark Scott. Neither testified against her and both agreed that she was not present at the shooting. Scott implicated Milke as the mastermind while Styers said she had no involvement whatsoever. They implicated each other as the actual shooter. In 2013, Milkeâ€™s conviction was overturned based on information that the lead investigator in the case had a history of lying, and that his testimony of Milkeâ€™s confession was highly suspect. Milkeâ€™s case was set for retrial in February 2015, however it was then decided that Milke cannot be retried.
Here are some links to additional information:
- AZ Talk: Do we owe Debra Milke anything? (Links to an external site.)
- Debra Milke, who spent 22 years on Arizona death row, has murder case tossed (Links to an external site.)
Then address the following in an essay:
- What are the facts of the case?
- What questions are you left with?
- Do you feel as though Milke is guilty or not guilty and please support with a factual basis to your conclusion.
The essay must be APA format, at least 3 pages in length in actual content, double-spaced, using 12-point font with 1-inch margins and include at least 3 legitimate sources. You can use the ASU Library Database system to search articles/newspaper articles. Wikipedia, blogs, and other nefarious sources of dubious credibility are not acceptable sources.