Instructions attached. This is part of the final class project and the subject previously selected is schizophrenia.
â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”Previous Assignment Related to this topicâ€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”
According to Frith (2014), Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that is long term and involves a breakdown in the coordination of the behavior exhibited by an individual, his emotions, and thought. This, therefore, results in a wrong perception of the objects or environment around the patient and this is exhibited by delusion, fantasy, withdrawal from reality and inappropriate actions as well (Butcher, 2013). In most cases, this disorder is treated by use of psychotherapy and antipsychotic medications. Some of the risk factors of developing this mental disorder include genetics, alcohol and substance abuse, smoking and other non-genetic factors such as childhood exposure to lead, X-rays, isolation, a nervous system or head injury and a stressful life situation among other factors. Other negative symptoms are a lack of enthusiasm, and the inability to plan and sustain an activity that one would easily do under normal conditions.
1. What is Schizophrenia and what are its symptoms?
2. Can someone be born with the condition? If so, how is it diagnosed at birth?
3. Are there any tests from body fluids that can enable health professionals to detect the disorder?
4. Do birth complications increase the probability of the new born child having the disorder?
5. What are the risk factors for this condition?
6. Does it have any types and how are they diagnosed?
7. Are there any related conditions? How can Schizophrenia be distinguished from these conditions?
8. How often do you encounter such cases and how do you handle them?
9. Are there any effective medications that are administered to patients with Schizophrenia? What are their side effects?
10. What information from current research about Schizophrenia do you have?
Butcher, J. N. (2013). Abnormal Psychology, Books a la Carte+ New Mypsychlab with Etext Access Card Package. Prentice Hall.
Frith, C. D. (2014). The cognitive neuropsychology of schizophrenia. Psychology Press.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now