communications 240 week 2 assignment
For this assignment, you will find someone from another culture within your community to interview regarding their family life experiences and the relationship to their culture and religious life. Be prepared to talk with this individual for nearly an hour, and assure them that you will not use their name in your report.After the interview, you will write a brief (2-3 page) reflective paper about your experience and how it correlates to the course readings. Reflect on how this individual’s family experiences and religion compare or contrast with your own experiences. Use APA formatted citations when appropriate. For grading details, view the attached Grading Rubric.
Questions for Intercultural Interview
- Does your family attend religious services together?
- Does your family pray together?
- What role does religion play in your family?
- Specifically, how has religion helped shape your family and the relationship among its members?
- Does your family talk openly about religion often? Have there been conflicts in your family that centered on religion?
- Have your won religious values/practices changed at all since you were a child?
- Does your family eat dinner together?
- Who usually prepares the family’s meal?
- Who usually cleans up after the family’s meal?
- Do all members of your family talk the same amount at the dinner table?
- Who is responsible for discipline in the family?
- Does your family share leisure time together?
- What leisure time activities are part of your family?
- Is there a great deal of “play” and humor in your family?
- Is there a great deal of touching in your family?
- How are boys and girls treated in your family?
- How are chores divided in your family?
- How has religion shaped any of the activities and family rituals that have been discussed so far during the interview?