children s ward consultant essay
You are a consultant in a childrenâ€™s ward for a long-term care hospital facility geared towards ages 3 to 10 years old. The facility directors ask you to construct an indoor/outdoor play center and activity schedule to allow those in early and middle childhood to maintain and develop their cognitive, physical, social, and emotional growth while recovering from their injuries/illnesses.
Justify for the facilityâ€™s stakeholders the use and placement for each piece of play equipment, toy, and furniture. Make it clear when and why you would need to divide some of the space to separate children in early childhood from those in middle childhood. Be sure to specify:
- How does each piece of play equipment, toy, and furniture contribute to the four types of development (e.g., fine-motor movement helps physical growth)?
- How does each piece facilitate social-emotional bonds of children with their families?
- How does each piece improve coping and adjustment to long-term care?
- Your paper should be seven to nine pages (not including the required title or reference pages) and double spaced.
- The paper should be based on references to scholarly materials (rather than on introductory textbooks, popular website writings, or musings, for example). To that, your paper should synthesize current, relevant research on your topic from at least five scholarly sources. Cite and reference these sources according to APA style.
- Include an introduction that provides a clear statement of your position on the topic, a body that discusses the implications of possible solutions for the project under consideration, and a conclusion regarding how best to manage the issue (i.e., your informed opinion on the issues raised).