business law 3690722 2
Read the call-of-the-question carefully, and follow the instructions for each subject. Prepare four briefing papers using the APA format for research papers, and upload them as one document for your response.
Briefing Paper 1: Critical Legal Thinking
- Read Burlarley v. Walmart Stores, Inc. in your Cheeseman textbook on pages 386-387.
- Respond to the three Case Questions found in your Cheeseman textbook on page 387.
- Assume your readers know the facts of the case as articulated in the Critical Legal Thinking, Ethics, and Contemporary Business questions. Argue both sides of all issues.
Briefing Paper 2: Law Case with Answers
- Read Dessert Cab, Inc. v. Marino in your Cheeseman textbook on page 395.
- Assume your readers know the facts of the case and are only seeking your opinions on the “work related test.”
- Provide convincing arguments for both sides of your recommendations.
Briefing Paper 3: Critical Legal Thinking Cases
- Read the following sections in your textbook:
- �� �� Sections 19.7 Sex Discrimination (p. 419),
- ����� 20.6 Workers� Compensation (p. 434),
- �� �� 20.5 Unemployment Benefits (p. 434),
- �� �� 21.3 Plant Closing (p. 448), and
- �� �� Family and Medical Leave Act (p. 430).
- Check the decisions of the highest appellate courts, if a case is cited, for each fact pattern.
- Assume your readers know the facts of each scenario and are seeking your opinions on whether or not each of the subjects affect business in the United States. If so, provide the worst and best case scenarios.
Briefing Paper 4: Ethics Case
- Read Section 20.8 Ethics in your Cheeseman textbook on page 435.
- Assume your readers know the facts of the case and are only seeking your opinions on the three questions found at the end of Section 20.8. Argue both sides of all issues.