bshs435 sampling and data in research paper
Sampling and Data Collection in Research Paper
Refer to Ch. 5 and 7 of Applied Social Research
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing observation and measurement as they relate to human services research.
Address each of the following points in your paper:
- Data Collection
- What is the purpose of sampling?
- What are the fundaments of sampling?
- Give an example (identifying the characteristics) of one type of probability and nonprobability sampling presented in Ch. 6 of Applied Social Research.
- How can you avoid bias when selecting samples for human services research?
- Describe the scales of measurement used in research.
- What are the types of reliability? Provide examples of the types of reliability as they apply to human services research or to human services management research.
- What are the types of validity? Provide examples of these types of validity as they apply to human services research or to human services management research.
- Why is it important to ensure that data collection methods and instruments are both reliable and valid?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following:
- Telephone surveys
- Online surveys
- Focus groups
- Surveys via websites
- Which of the above examples of survey research you would like to use if you were collecting data, and why?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines and include at least two references.