Assignment Implementation of the IOM Future of Nursing Report (Essay Sample)
Assignment Implementation of the IOM Future of Nursing Report
Max Points: 150
Use the “Action Coalitions” page located on the Campaign for Action website to conduct research for your Topic 1 assignment.
In a formal paper of 1,000-1,250 words you will discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” Identify the importance of the IOM “Future of Nursing” report related to nursing practice, nursing education and nursing workforce development. What is the role of state-based action coalitions and how do they advance goals of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action?
Explore the Campaign for Action webpage (you may need to research your state’s website independently if it is not active on this site): http://campaignforaction.org/states
Review your state’s progress report by locating your state and clicking on one of the six progress icons for: education, leadership, practice, interpersonal collaboration, diversity, and data. You can also download a full progress report for your state by clicking on the box located at the bottom of the webpage.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words:
1. Discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
2. Identify the importance of the IOM “Future of Nursing” report related to nursing practice, nursing education and nursing workforce development.
3. What is the role of state-based action coalitions and how do they advance goals of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action?
Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. In what ways do these initiatives advance the nursing profession? What barriers to advancement currently exist in your state? How can nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers?
A minimum of three scholarly references are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
1. 5.0% Provided an original summary of the key messages of the IOM report, Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. Any specific references should be cited.
2. 15.0 % Identify the role of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative and the American Association of Retired Persons on the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action and the State Based Action Coalitions
3. 15.0 % Identify the importance of the IOM FON report related to the nursing workforce
4. 15.0 % Discuss the intent of the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action
5. 15.0 %Identify the rationale of state-based action coalitions
6. Discuss one state-based action coalition and two initiatives
7. 15.0 %Organization and Effectiveness
8. 5% Thesis Development and Purpose
9. 5.0% Paragraph Development and Transitions
10. 5.0% Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
11. 2.0% Paper Format (1- inch margins;12-point-font;double-spaced;Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier)
12. 3.0% Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Originally posted 2018-04-28 20:48:43.