apa find the errors task 4
Prepare: Review requirements for APA formatting. There are many resources found in the Writing Center, such as the following:
- Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.)
- Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)
- Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
Write: Using the, complete the following task:
- Using the â€œTrack Changesâ€ function located under the â€œReviewâ€ tab at the top of the Word document with the unformatted essay, identify as many APA formatting errors as possible (there are at least 25 errors).
- Using the â€œCommentsâ€ function, correctly write out the APA rule that applies to the identified errors. You do this by highlighting the word, words, or error and clicking on â€œNew Commentâ€ located under the â€œReviewâ€ tab at the top of your Word document. A comment box will pop up at the right of your paper for you to write the rule to the error.
- Do not comment on repeat errors. For example, if two citations have the same formatting mistake, comment on only one of them.
- Note that there are some capitalization and punctuation errors that you may correct through Track Changes, but they are not the focus of this exercise.