what makes great nurse
What makes a GREAT (insert your future career)
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to offer students the opportunity to actively participate in basic research needed for college success, and to adhere to the standards/goals set forth for completion of this course.
The student will write a five paragraph essay (approximately 500 words) in which he or she will discuss the traits, characteristics, attributes, knowledge, skills, and etc., of a person who is employed in a particular job field or career category. The student may use specific examples of a person or two who works, or has worked in that field. Also, the student must present evidence and information to support his or her description and opinion.
· The student must present a thesis statement which clearly asserts and identifies the main idea and purpose of the essay.
· What evidence/information can be presented to support this position?
· The student will use federal, state or local government websites which end in the url .gov or educational websites which end in .edu to obtain evidence and information in the form of relevant statistics, trends, estimates, analyses, and other factual information to support the thesis statement and main idea.
· The student may only also use legitimate newspaper or news magazine sources (i.e. CNN, MSNBC, NPR, Washington Post, Baltimore Sun)
· No blogs or online encyclopedias may be used
· The student must compose a list of at three sources which support the thesis statement. The list of sources and thesis statement will be turned in to the instructor in class on Monday, February 16, 2015..
- The student will incorporate direct quotes, summary, paraphrases, and statistics whichsupport the main idea and thesis statement.
- The 1st Draft of paper will be completed in class on Wednesday, February 18, 2015.
- The final version of this writing assignment including all revisions will be due on Monday, February 23, 2015.
Completing the Writing Assignment
- The narrative of the essay should have,
-a clear thesis statement stating the purpose and main idea of the essay.
–the body of the essay should have background information and be consistent with the main idea stated in the thesis statement, complete with specific details and examples. (details and examples should be in the form of quotes, summarized information, and relevant statistics).
-the body of the paper should also lead to a logical and gradual conclusion which demonstrates good reasoning and academic intelligence.
-all summarized or quoted information must be credited appropriately to the source