week 3 content review 7954859 2
- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see which question you are responding to.
- Friedrich Froebel not only coined the term kindergarten but also recognized the integral role of play and active learning in children’s development and education. He believed in providing children with specific objects and materials called “gifts” and “occupations.” Compare and contrast “gifts” and “occupations” and, based on Froebel’s viewpoint, summarize the teacher’s role while children play and interact with each of these.
- Consider what you have learned about John Dewey and his philosophy of education and then respond to the following: What is progressive education? What are its goals? What is the role of the teacher in a progressive education setting?
- Summarize Maria Montessori’s philosophy of education including her beliefs about educational environments, materials, and the role of the teacher.