Week 10 LAB ASSIGNMENT: ASSESSING THE GENITALIA AND RECTUM
Patients are frequently uncomfortable discussing with healthcare professionalâ€™s issues that involve the genitalia and rectum; however, gathering an adequate history and properly conducting a physical exam are vital. Examining case studies of genital and rectal abnormalities can help prepare advanced practice nurses to accurately assess patients with problems in these areas.
In this Lab Assignment, you will analyze an Episodic note case study that describes abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting. You will consider what history should be collected from the patients, as well as which physical exams and diagnostic tests should be conducted. You will also formulate a differential diagnosis with several possible conditions.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
- Review the Episodic note case study your instructor provides you for this weekâ€™s Assignment. Please see the â€œCourse Announcementsâ€ section of the classroom for your Episodic note case study.
- Based on the Episodic note case study:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources, and consider the insights they provide about the case study. Refer to Chapter 3 of the Sullivan resource to guide you as you complete your Lab Assignment.
- Search the Walden library or the Internet for evidence-based resources to support your answers to the questions provided.
- Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patientâ€™s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
THE LAB ASSIGNMENT
Using evidence-based resources from your search, answer the following questions and support your answers using current evidence from the literature.
- Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
- Would diagnostics be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not? Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
BY DAY 7 OF WEEK 10
Submit your Assignment.
Before submitting your final assignment, you can check your draft for authenticity. To check your draft, access the Turnitin Drafts from the Start Here area.
- To submit your completed assignment, save your Assignment as WK10Assgn1+last name+first initial
- Then, click on Start Assignment near the top of the page.
- Next, click on Upload File and select Submit Assignment for review.
Episodic note case study
CC: Increased frequency and pain with urination
T.S. is a 32-year-old woman who reports that for the past two days, she has dysuria, frequency, and urgency. Has not tried anything to help with the discomfort. Has had this symptom years ago. She is sexually active and has a new partner for the past 3 months.
- Tonsillectomy in 2001
- Appendectomy in 2020
Review of Systems:
- General: Denies weight change, positive for sleeping difficulty because e the flank pain. Feels warm.
- Abdominal: Denies nausea and vomiting. No appetite
VSS T = 37.3Â°C, P = 102/min, RR = 16/min, and BP = 116/74 mm Hg.
- mild tenderness to palpation in the suprapubic area
- bimanual pelvic examination reveals a normal-sized uterus and adnexae
- no adnexal tenderness.
- No vaginal discharge is noted.
- The cervix appears normal.
Diagnostics: Urinalysis, STI testing, Papsmear
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now