Week 1 Assignment 2: Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment
Assignment 2: Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment
This class is called
Synthesis in Advanced Nursing Practice of Patients in Family Care Settings Practicum
The FNP Clinical Skills List and Resource Review document, provided in the Learning Resources, can be used to celebrate your progress throughout your practicum and identify skills gaps. The list covers all of the necessary skills you should demonstrate during your practicum courses. The FNP Procedure List and Resource Review contains a list of procedures you may have an opportunity to perform at your practicum site. As you perform the procedures (as applicable), record them at the bottom of the list and have your preceptor sign off on it.
For this Assignment, you assess where you are now in your clinical skill development and make plans for your practicum. Specifically, you will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement regarding the required practicum skills and procedures.
- Review the resources and clinical skills in the FNP Clinical Skills List and Resource Review document and the FNP Procedures List and Resource Review document. It is recommended that you print out these documents to serve as a guide throughout your practicum.
- Download the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form to complete this Assignment.
Using the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form:
- Rate yourself according to your confidence level performing the procedures identified on the Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form.
- Based on your ratings, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Based on your self-assessment and theory of nursing practice, develop 3â€“4 goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Include them on the designated area of the form.
** YOU MUST HAVE 3 NEW OBJECTIVES EACH QUARTER. You may include previous practicum objectives; however, you still must have 3 new objectives for your current course.
By Day 7
Submit your completed Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form.