web application attack scenario 5
- Click the link above to submit your assignment.Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.Assignment: Web Application Attack ScenarioDue Week 9 and worth 220 pointsSuppose that you are currently employed as an Information Security Manager for a medium-sized software development and outsourcing services company. The Software Development Director has asked you to provide a detailed analytical report for her department regarding the most common web application threats and the manner in which their products could compromise customer financial data. She wants your recommendations on which threats and/or vulnerabilities the company should focus on and your recommendation for mitigation. The products in question use Microsoft SQL Server databases and IIS Web servers. Write a paper with no less than four pages in which you:
- Analyze the common threats/vulnerabilities to data systems such as web applications and data servers. Speculate on the greatest area of vulnerability and potential for damage and/or data loss of such data systems.
- Devise at least one attack scenario, as an example, where a hacker could use the area of vulnerability that you chose above in order to gain access to a network or sensitive data. Examine the primary ways in which the hacker could execute such an attack, and suggest the strategic manner in which a security professional could prevent the attack.
- Draw specific lessons and recommendations as part of the conclusion, and have a strong concluding paragraph. Be sure to revise your introduction to reflect what the paper accomplished once you finish your first draft.
- Use no less than five quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.Click here to view the grading rubric for this case study.