want someone to help me on this there are two part want the first part first 1
1 Executive Summary (1-2 page) style brief to confirm the self-selected topic, research approach, and source material; plus 1 final full Business Report (8-10 single-spaced pages length), with source citations;
This Executive Summary is the first part of a 2 part business writing assignment for this course/semester. The following general directions apply to both parts of these assignments. Specifics relative to the Executive Summary are then below…
- The overall intent of this assignment is to assess the student’s ability to incorporate course material in critical analysis of a fresh topic.
- Students are to self-select their topic, but in light of the above, should ensure they have ample space to engage course material.
- Students may use an industry, company, technology, trend, social issue, sports/hobby, etc., as long as they are able to connect to class.
- Focusing on a published case study or single article will not typically provide enough scope/material to adequately discuss.
- Writing and format should be professional in competency and presentation, suitable for submission in a business environment.
- A single format guide was provided in Week 1 as an example, but should not be merely used as a template.
- Students should conduct cursory internet research into sample business reports, annual shareholders reports, etc. for other examples.
- At a minimum, this course assumes acceptable business writing to be 11-12 point font and single-spaced, with average 1″ margins.
Additional thoughts on Executive Summary content and intent…
- Bottom line, I am looking for you to show me you “get it” – that you’re digesting our course material and can apply it to outside material.
- General business writing philoosphy is to keep it “tight” – be concise.
- Lead with a brief, solid intro – tell me what you’ll tell me – what’s the intent of the document and why should I read.
- Then tell me – body of the document should logically follow your intro with historical context, overview, problem, options, risks, analysis, your recommendation, etc.
- Conclusion – close with a short summary – remind me what you told me – critical point(s).
- That same above format/outline will apply to both the Executive Summary and the Final Paper.
- Specifics of the outline will vary, based on your specific topic/paper. For instance, if you’re submitting a business plan for a start-up, it’s going to look different than a risk analysis of supply chains in post-disaster scenarios, or a comparison of design philosophies between Apple and Samsung, etc., etc.
- You will likely expand the framework of your Executive Summary into your Final Paper, but this initial short draft gets you started, primes the pump, and gives us a chance to dialog, if needed, on format/approach/topic.
- I expect approximately 2 pages for this Executive Summary, which may also contribute to the 8-10 page Final Paper deliverable.
- Be objective, watch out for subjective claims! If you’re using a statistic, where did you find that data? Cite your reference sources.
- I typically expect an average of 1 source per page in quantity – for our final paper I expect a minimum of 6 sources, plus our textbook.
Lastly, remember to have fun with this assignment! Pick a topic you’re truly interested in. Your passion for the topic will make it more enjoyable for you to research/write and form me to read/grade. Use this as a chance to explore something that truly excites you!
Please submit your Executive Summary via this Canvas assignment link by midnight (11:59pm) Sunday, at the end of Week 4.