Vulnerable Population Assignment
For vulnerable populations such as racial and ethnic minorities, the economically disadvantaged, and those with chronic conditions, health and health care issues may be exacerbated by social factors, economic factors, and geographical factors. Theyexperience greater risk factors, worse access to care, and increased morbidity and mortality rates than the general population. Even in the United States there are significant disparities in health care for these populations. It is important that health care leaders are able to identify, describe, and understand the population at risk. By gaining thiscomprehensive understanding, one can use resources broadly to overcome social determinants of health in these vulnerable populations.
Focusing upon diabetes as a chronic condition in the United States, identify and describe the population in terms of person and geography including social determinants of health. Describe the challenges they face in health care, evaluate two current solutions, and propose two potential solutions to this problem. In your analysis, include a Biblical perspective on health disparities
Please write a short essay using the above prompt. Your written communication should reflect scholarly expertise appropriate for upper division collegial work including critical analysis, application of information, correct use of terms, and grammar/spelling.
Please include these elements
1. Title centered at the top of the first page. Name, date, and instructorâ€™s name in the right corner of the paper. Single spaced.
2. The paper should be 3-5 typed pages, double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font.
3. Please use scholarly references and cite using appropriate APA formatting for citations and reference page
4. A minimum of 6-8 peer reviewed references, published in the last five years, are required. (Wikis, blogs, internet website sources should not be used as this is not considered academic references)
5. Biblical worldview with support with scripture references. Cite the scripture and apply the scripture references to the health care leadership response.
6. Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin tool.
I. Introductory paragraph
II. Fully describe the population at risk. Include a thorough analysis of the social determinants of health
III. Describe the health care challenges in terms of access, quality, and cost
IV. Identify and evaluate 2 current solutions
a. Describe 2 positive effects of the solution
b. Describe 2 negative effects of the solution
V. Propose 2 solutions that may mitigate the chronic disease among the vulnerable population
VI. Biblical perspective in leadership response
VII. Conclusion â€“ Summarize the paper in 5-8 sentences