values and ethics 1
Values and Ethics
Part of becoming a professional social worker is reflecting on how your personal values and professional ethics will play a role in your practice. This assignment will give you opportunity to define some key terms, consider potential ethical challenges in your present or future practice, and place your discussion in a scholarly context.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAs and generalist practices:
- Competency 1 Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- C1.GP.A Use reflection and self-regulation to manage personal values and maintain professionalism in practice situations.
- Competency 2: Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- C2.GP.B Apply and communicate understanding of the importance of diversity and difference in shaping life experiences in practice at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
For this assignment, prepare a 4â€“5 page paper addressing your personal and professional values and how these values will play a role in social work practice and ethical decision making.
Include the following in this paper:
- Discuss the concepts of competency, integrity, boundaries, and social justice.
- Discuss any ethical challenges you anticipate in the field and areas or concepts on which you can improve. Being insightful and using the critical thought process is imperative for this paper.
- Link your discussion of the topics to scholarly work. The title page and reference page do not count as part of the 4â€“5 pages. This assignment does not need to include an abstract.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Cited resources: Minimum of two scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: Minimum of four double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Due date: Assignment must be submitted to your instructor in the courseroom no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday of this week.