universal healthcare for all
Now that you’ve formulated an understanding of argumentative writing and have a topic, you will begin researching and prepare an Annotated Bibliography.
Be sure to review the syllabus, access your study guides, and watch the videos associated with Unit 2 before submitting your assignment.
1. Read or watch the videos on the Study Guide.
2. Access the link for the Annotated Bibliography example within the syllabus.
3. Access the information on Finding Reliable Sources on pg. 3 of the Study Guide.
4. Use the CSU Online Library to find 7 reliable sources to support your topic.
5. Consult the rubric in the Syllabus to make sure this rather large assignment is completed following the instructions.
6. Use CSU’s Citation Guide for help with APA format.
Unit 2 Reminders – What’s DUE! 🙂
Follow the directions below for the completion of the Annotated Bibliography assignment for Unit II. If you have questions, please email your professor for assistance.
- Purpose: The purpose of the annotated bibliography is to summarize the sources that you have gathered to support your research proposal project. These summaries help you to think about the complex arguments presented in your sources.
- Description: In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sourceâ€™s information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words. If an entry is shorter than 150 words, it is likely you have not fully developed your summary, and this lack of development can severely impact your grade for this assignment.
- Example: Click here to access the annotated bibliography example.
As always, you may also seek out the guidance of the Writing Center; the Writing specialists are always there to assist you with your writing, comprehension, and APA formatting. You may submit writing assignments to the Writing Center by using a â€œWriting Center Request formâ€ located in the myCSU Student Portal. To submit a Writing Center Request, log in to the myCSU Student Portal, click on University Forms in the top right menu. Then click on Courses. Towards the bottom of the list, you will find the Writing Center Request. You can fill out this form and attach your paper for assistance. Be advised that Writing Specialist require up to two business days to return requests. If you have questions concerning APA style or your writing assignment, you can contact the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at ext. 6538.