- Watch the videos
- Week 4 Video Lecture – Multisim Transformers
- Consider the circuit demonstrated in this week’s presentations. With the turns ratio modified to 20:1, calculate the following values of Vs and Is for the given values of RL in the table below:
RL Calculated Vs Calculated Is Measured Vs Measured Is 0 Ω 10 Ω 25 Ω 50 Ω 100 Ω 1000 Ω
- Construct the transformer circuit in MultiSIM and complete the table in part 2 with the measured values of Vs and Is for each value of RL. Use the Agilent Digital Multi-meter to take the measurements and capture a screen shot of each measurement.
- Discuss the following:
- Describe the relationship of RL on the secondary voltage.
- Describe the relationship of RL on the secondary current.
- How do the calculated values compare to the measured values?
- How would you go about calculating the transformer power efficiency?
- How would you go about measuring the transformer power efficiency?
- Determine the transformer power efficiency for the circuit in MultiSIM. Include a calculation and a measured value.
Include all calculations, screenshots of measurements, the table results of part 2 and the answers to part 4 in a word processing document and submit as EE115W4LabYourGID.docx, or an equivalent word processing file extension.
Please include lab report, to be completed as one document. Lab report template is attached