Training Methods for Improving Performance
MT203M4-4: Describe training methods for improving employee performance.
GEL-7.02: Apply ethical reasoning to ethical issues within your field of study.
Introduction: Using the appropriate training and development methods can have significant effects on employee performance and the success or failure of a company. Similarly, ethics also can impact how employees and the company are perceived, which can ultimately affect the success of the organization.
Read the scenario and address the checklist items regarding employee training, development, and ethics.
Scenario: The technology company you work for has had difficulties resulting from expert employees leaving the company after only 6 months to a year of employment. This turnover has caused client software projects to not be completed as scheduled. The CEO has turned to you as the HR director to find out what is wrong and to recommend a remedy. You do some initial investigations only to find that the salaried, full-time employees at this level of expertise are working 60 hours a week or more on a regular basis. You are concerned not only for the business implications of this attrition problem but the ethical implications.
- Describe the companyâ€™s problem in your own words from a business and ethical perspective.
- Choosing one of the ethical approaches, describe what ethical approach you would use for the development of these employees and explain why.
- Describe the training and development methods you would use to improve employee morale, motivation, and to reduce attrition. Include two specific examples that improve employee morale, motivation, and reduce attrition.
Disclaimer: The organization and characters depicted in this exercise are fictional. Any resemblance to real organizations or individuals is purely coincidental.
- Proper notification of any Resubmission, Repurposing, or Reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- The paper should be submitted in a minimum 2-page (i.e., 500-word) MicrosoftÂ® WordÂ® document with additional title and reference pages, and the paper should follow APA format and citation style.
- Use focused, concise, organized writing.
- Articulate at a college level.
- Few, or no grammar or punctuation errors.
- Use non-offensive, inclusive, and respectful language.
- Write in the third person to develop your marketing research deliverable.
- Your deliverable must be submitted to the Competency Assessment Dropbox.
- Respond to the inquiries in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts to illustrate your points, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- The paper must be written in Standard English, including correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- You should paraphrase the material and use in-text citations to justify your discussion. Avoid using quotations. Ensure you are properly paraphrasing from your sources. For a refresher on paraphrasing, view this short video on paraphrasing and explore the additional resources prior to starting your assessment. You can access tutorials, how-to videos, tutoring services, and more by visiting the Academic Success Center.
- A separate page at the end of your paper should contain a list of references, in current APA format. Use resources from reliable and/or scholarly sources. Use your textbook, the Library, and the Internet for research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your paper submission should:
- include a title page;
- be double-spaced; and
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.