towards successful mergers amp acquisitions executive proposal
See document: Healthcare Financial Management Association & Deloitte Center for Health Solutions (DCHS). (2017). Hospital M&A Research (Links to an external site.).
From the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) article, we learn that Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) have been increasing since 2009, as the industry seeks to scale. The presentation provided is a collaboration of HFMA and the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions and provides quantitative and qualitative research to understand the impact of M&A activity on acquired hospitals.
In the presentation, they identify that not all M&A have been successfully implemented (p. 16).
Three of the aspects they identified as having led to successful M&A include:
- A clearly defined operating model for the acquired facility (p. 18);
- Effective and efficient communication (p. 19);
- Work culture that supported proposed strategy (p. 20); and
- After much negotiation, the healthcare company you work in, will be acquiring a smaller healthcare company and a related physician practice in the area. You have been placed in charge of the acquisition team for this project.
Present to senior management a 3-4-page executive proposal of how you would implement the said acquisition. Specifically explain (1) how and (2) why you would incorporate the three aspects identified, and (3) the consequences of not incorporating any of the aspects.
The paper should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages),
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.), and
- Include at least three current references from peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.