this exercise builds upon professional assessment and development strategies pads assignment
This exercise builds upon Professional Assessment and Development Strategies (PADS) assignment you completed for Leadership in Health Care Administration (HAD 508). As you may recall, the PADS paper encouraged rigorous, structured self-assessment and detailed planning for improvement in leadership and professional competencies. In this exercise, you will expand, deepen, complement and/or revise the PADS insights in light of
- Developments and lessons, both personal and professional, learned since HAD 508
- Relevant concepts and skills encountered in all of your HAD classes
The Summative Reflection and Assessment, like the PADS paper, emphasizes the goal of eloquentia perfecta in writing; however, this assignment also promotes excellence in verbal, one-on-one communication with fellow professionals, be they external mentors, colleagues, co-workers, supervisors, or prospective employers. In accordance with eloquentia perfecta, the goal is not just the clear and coherent articulation of complex ideas, but also the new and deeper insights that can be illuminated by authentic communication. This exercise uses reflection and discernment as tools to design courses of personal action.
In both the final oral examination and your preparation document, you must address each of the following. You can decide how much emphasis to place on each item.
- Assess your attainment of the MHA program competencies
- Evaluate your career mobility and opportunities
- Describe and evaluate the MHA degree and the program of study and describe the personal outcomes achieved
- Identify and describe the types of mentors you should have and the help you need moving forward
- Create plans for involvement with ACHE and other professional organizations
- Revisit your SWOT analysis and analyze the results of your PADS from HAD 508
- Describe the skills needed to advance in the profession and your healthcare organization
- Describe and explain the rationale for future educational plans
- Demonstrate critical thinking about issues of equity and social justice in healthcare
- Discuss key aspects and outcomes of your MHA studies along with the next steps
- Assess your community involvement and opportunities for service to others
- Identify leadership traits and characteristics that you wish to develop
- Answer the following:
- What are your strengths?
- How can you capitalize on them?
- What are your most powerful contributions?
- Where do they take you?
- Identify the top five things that you must change in your life and explain why
- Discuss other relevant areas