there will be a list of question just answer them
CHAPTER 13 â€œThe Era of Self Helpâ€ [also known as The Age of Booker T. Washington]
Define the following key terms using the text:
Self Help & Philanthropy
Industrial Arts Education vs. Liberal Arts Education
Booker T. Washington
Up From Slavery (1901)
Washingtonâ€™s Atlanta Exposition Speech (1895)
National Negro Business League
W.E.B. Du Bois [Alpha Phi Alpha]
Souls of Black Folk (1903)
Niagara Movement (1905)
T. Thomas Fortune/New York Age
Ida B. Wells- Barnett
Memphis Free Speech
A Red Record
William Monroe Trotter
Bookerites vs. Niagarites
Benjamin â€œPapâ€ Singleton
The Westward Migration
Marcus Garvey & the UNIA
Answer the following questions completely using the text:
- What was â€œBlack Self-determinationâ€ and how did it manifest at the turn of the century?
- What is the difference between and â€œIndustrialâ€ verses a â€œLiberal arts education?â€
- Explain W.E.B. Du Bois concept of the â€œtalented tenthâ€. Why did he believe in this view?
- Who was Ida B. Wells and what contribution did she make to the civil rightâ€™s movement at the turn of the century?
- Why do you think â€œlynchingâ€ was such a pervasive problem during post-Reconstruction?
- Who was Benjamin â€œPapâ€Singleton and what was his solution to the race problem during post-Reconstruction?
- What was the mission of the NACW? What would their mission be in 2018 [give three topics of your own choosing with a brief explanation?]
- Explain Garveyâ€™s two concepts of Pan-Africanism and Black Nationalism separately. Also, do these concepts have any relevance in 2019 and beyond? Explain why or why not